Members locations.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If people are so paranoid over giving their country of residence, they shouldn't even be on the internet, never mind getting into personal communication on a site like this.

I try to help people, and just US, AUS, Finland or Africa will do for me, just so that I am not directing them to the wrong areas of the world. It is more than annoying when you try to help, and they are not willing to help themselves. If fact most times now, if no country is shown on a new members post, I don't even bother to attempt to be of assistance.

Maybe make country of residence to be displayed part of their joining routine. If they don't like it, they don't get to join. For already members, maybe a big reminder post to update their personal details.

Problem solved.

Bogs

mklotz said:
The population of greater Los Angeles is about twice the population of the state of Alabama.

Pilot Hill Pop: 462.

We can all fit into the local elementary school's gym.

Lakc said:
I am going to come up with a wild guess here, but it seems you need to have an icon assigned for your location to show up under your name when you post?
Answering my own question here, but although you enter your location in the forum profile, to display it, you need to add it in "personalized text" under the icon upload link.

Back