Marking Out Table

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tin Falcon said:
I think BC is right lots of house wives, pastry chefs, and candy makers would love to have that or one like it . The Mrs may need one of her own. You see it as a lay out table others would see it as a kitchen work station.
Tin

You know what, now that I have thought about it some more, give the table to your wife. Tell her she can make all the bread in the world on it she wants with the only stipulation being that you have permission to use it on occasion. Let it take up space in her part of the house instead of your shop. Rof}

BC1
Jim

seagar said:
Wish I could type.

Rof} I saw that little slip of the finger - thought you'd just lapsed into Klingon again!

ksouers said:
Artie,
Nice table and a nice big chunk of rock to top it off. Great find. I've been thinking of hitting one of the kitchen remodelers to look for cut outs. I'm curious though, have you measured the granite for flatness? If so, how did you go about it?

I've been using a granite floor tile but I'm not sure about it's flatness. It reflects light OK, the reflections don't look very distorted though there is a tiny bit of "pebble" effect. But I have run a DTI across it with my layout gage and it seems to be a bit uneven. However, the results have not been very repeatable, so I don't know if it's the stone or my method that is the problem.

Anyway, that's one great table. I like that it has lots of room to work on, I find my little tile to be a bit cramped at times.

gday mate, I simply eyeballed it against the light (reflection), I couldnt see any distortion to speak of. As its a ground surface Im going to use ignorance (mine) and faith to create a sense of well being.... ;D

SAM in LA said:
I like the stand you made.

I use a 12" x 12" glass mirror tile as my flat plate when wet sanding my parts.

It seems flat enough for my use.

I just need a place to store it out of the way so it won't get broken.

I am going to check with one of the counter top shops in town and see what I can beg off them.

SAM

Sam, perhaops a wooden box without teh legs? Sit it on the bench then put it away when finished? even at only 19mm this things was damned heavy... its also didnt need to be this large... just my 'bigger is better' mentality... ::)

Hi Jim and Tin, well Im chief cook and bottlewasher round here. We, the girls and I, lost our best friend 16 years ago so I do the bread and pastrys... (badly), ergo If I say this is a marking out table, then its a bread board!

;)

seagar said:
Your a gleyer old bugger .Well done mate. :bow:

Ian (seagar)
Coffs Harbour
Australia.

Old? Bloody north coasters.... mate Its 20 years before I can even think of retiring.... my other hobby is furniture making.... this was easy in comparison.. :-\

It sure is nice, Artie! Looks way to pretty for my shop, but I'd do my best to struggle through. ; )
The value of the wood was a jaw dropper. They really get you for the brown stuff down south, eh?

Keep on showing us your stuff. Great shop inspiration.

Dean

bearcar1 said:
You know what, now that I have thought about it some more, give the table to your wife. Tell her she can make all the bread in the world on it she wants with the only stipulation being that you have permission to use it on occasion. Let it take up space in her part of the house instead of your shop. Rof}

BC1
Jim

I think this is a good example of superior problem solving skills :D

Latest posts

Back