Man is hobby machining addictive!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherseth

Reaction score
At 5$/hour this is gonna get expensive, spent 2,5hours at the lathe today making a nozzle for a rocket engine. Got little curlies in my hair after the tool popped while parting the piece, i guess 6mm square tool blanks is nor ideal for parting:p

Will have to look into getting my own lathe one day ::)

Anyway, the nozzle is not completed yet, need to make the rounded edge in the nozzle entrance and polish it. And of course making a way of attaching it.

Nozzle1.JPG

So are you renting lathe time? If so, it wouldn't take too long to pay for your own. Nice looking nozzle too :)

Bill

Not sure if renting is the right word, it`s a community shop where anyone with a membership may use the equipment for a small charge. It is a really small community (50 people at most) which came together and built a garage.

Thanks on the kind comment on the nozzle, i`m really pleased with it, especially as it is my first part that needed boring. Would say boring a 30mm deep hole with a 6mm HSS blank is close to the limits.

Latest posts

Back