Making a Triode Tube from Scratch

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobWarfield

Reaction score
If you haven't seen this, it's well worth a look: http://paillard.claude.free.fr/

This French fellow makes a triode tube (valve, I believe in "proper" English) from scratch. Whether or not you have any desire to make a triode, it shows the outer limits of the hobby. He's built a lot of interesting machines and also has a few interesting antiques like his spot welder.

As I watched it, I learned a lot about working glass. I can see that if I need to do some glass for a Stirling, I'll be a lot less afraid of it than I was!

Best,

BW

Amazing video, but why go through all that. All you need is a handful of sand to make a microprocessor.

Um wow :eek:

I am not 100% sure of everything I saw in that video... He is definitely one of my heros now. He has a true mad scientist lab... some of those machines made very cool sounds!

Eric

Stan, I'm sure once everyone has "spintronics" and quantum microprocessors, we'll see some video of some guy that bought a bunch of surplus chipmaking gear show us how to make a 7400 series gate in his basement.

Meanwhile, as a former Ham Radio guy and exotic Hi Fi enthusiast, the triode rocks!

Best,

BW

Thats is amazing ...... Making Valves ..... I use to be into amature radio and electronics many years ago , but never got into valves as they were on there way out when i started , and i never really understud how they worked anyway ...... lol , Transisters were far more easyer , but its nice to see someone still making valves as there will always be a market for them regarding audio amplifiers .

Steve

Stan said:
Amazing video, but why go through all that. All you need is a handful of sand to make a microprocessor.
try making a microprocessor in your garage

Latest posts

Back