MAD MAX - THUNDERDOME

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Jerry

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
thunderdome016.jpg

Two enter - One leaves!

This has been my primary occupation for the last month. A thirty year old concrete pool that needed serious resurfacing and painting. The end result is shown above and points out a major safety hazard when dealing with 2 part epoxy paint in a closed environment. I survived the fumes which were not a big problem at all. A 60 inch fan at one end of the pool provided plenty of circulation so there was not any noticeable smell.

The problem showed up on the third day after painting. We were expecting rain so I carried a sump pump into the bottom to empty the water and I couldn't get out! There was a little dew on the surface and the stuff is as slick as snot! Its a deep pool with a 10' deep diving well and steep sides and even crawling on hands and knees I could not get out! After lots of yelling my wife came out and after lots of promises she threw me a rope.

That's not the funniest part of the story. This morning, she heard more yelping from the pool and went out to investigate. Down in the pool was Boo, my daughter's year old Jack Russel Terrier, trying maddly to scamper up the slope. At the bottom of the pool was a very ferocious mole, showing his teeth and making mole noises.

I got them both out. The puppy was easy. The mole, now named Max, was more of a challenge. Ordinarily, I would dispatch the pest, but Max had gained my respect so I put him out in one of the vacant fields with a carrot.

I'm afraid that if the local Jack Russel Society get word of this, they will be over to inspect Boo's pedigree. Jack Russels are supposed to handle these thing better.

Jerry

Rof} ... AND now you have a mole that can see in the dark! :hDe:

After all of that work I wouldn't put water in it Jerry.

Get out your skateboard and show us your moves! ;)

Great story.
Thanks for bringing a smile at the end of a less than good day! Thm:

Rick

Hi Jerry

I remember you saying that you were going to be working on your pool. I guess that we just didn't realize that it was that big. It sure does look lovely in that picture.

The problem showed up on the third day after painting. We were expecting rain so I carried a sump pump into the bottom to empty the water and I couldn't get out! There was a little dew on the surface and the stuff is as slick as snot! Its a deep pool with a 10' deep diving well and steep sides and even crawling on hands and knees I could not get out! After lots of yelling my wife came out and after lots of promises she threw me a rope.

I just hope that you didn't have to promise too much in order for the life line. :big: :big:

Hope to see you back in the shop soon. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Cap't,
Years ago I had a Jack Russel named Boomer who would go after moles and make more mess of my garden than the mole (we have the huge burrowing variety grow to about 2kg) .

One day I heard the most distressed (doppler effect) yelping from Boomer - found him running about with a very large mole firmly attatched to one of his ears by those big teeth.

The dog got his revenge however.

Ken

Our brave little Jack would do the same thing! Wonderful story"

Latest posts

Back