Machinery's Handbook

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milotrain

Reaction score
I feel like I should get a copy of this manual as it seems to be the bible for this sort of work and while I imagine that I can find most of it's information scattered about the web I'd like to have one place where I look when I have questions about machine setups. Is there any major differences between the 27th edition and the 28th edition? I can find the 27th for about $50 cheaper than I can find the 28th.

For our hobby purposes almost any edition of the book will be more than adequate. In fact, some of the older editions contain information that has been removed from the newer.

Check for book sales at your local libraries. I regularly pick up older copies for less than $5 apiece.

Thanks Marv! Just got a 23rd printed 1988 for $7. Figured that it's got to be at least 1/10th of the value of a used 28th edition.

If the older ones came in a large print edition I'd certainly buy one of those. The seperate Machinery's Handbook CD is great for printing off any charts for items you'll tend to use a lot. I think it's well worth the extra money.

Pete

Thanks Marv! Just got a 23rd printed 1988 for $7. Figured that it's got to be at least 1/10th of the value of a used 28th edition.
Good going I have a couple of MHBs the older ones like 13-15 are nice to have as well they have info the newer ones do not like dimensions for blacksmith tongs,.Tin

Also the MHB is sometimes used as a college text book . Student of sell texts books cheap at the end of a semester.

Tin Falcon said:
Good going I have a couple of MHBs the older ones like 13-15 are nice to have as well they have info the newer ones do not like dimensions for blacksmith tongs.

Must be showing my age...............I bought 15 NEW :eek: :eek: when I was an apprentice.

I bought mine new back when I made it from the machine shop to the tool room I think it is the 20th edition.
And have used it a lot I wouldn't be without it now.

Latest posts

Back