Lunch

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreeves

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Carl (AKA the missing ZEE) and I are meeting for lunch on Saturday July 16th @ 12:00 PM at the West Chester Diner in West Chester PA. If anyone wants to join us feel free to drop in. Send me a PM if you need directions.

Dave

Looking forward to lunch today and happy to hear we've got some company.

I've been in Mexico on business (yet again) and couldn't get to the forum.

The food was good but I sure am looking forward to some french toast, or crisp waffles, or maybe some grilled ham, home fries...can't make up my mind. It may be lunch but I always eat breakfast at the diner.

I thought about trying to make it but I was already in West Chester twice this week on business. Enjoy your lunch. Maybe see you guys at R & T next month.
Tin

Sorry we missed you Tin.

It was great to meet Scott and Stan. It was very enjoyable and fun.

I even got a gift from Dave. He felt bad that I hadn't had a chance to machine for months. So he gave me this so I'd remember what it's like...

740873fe.jpg

Dave. What a guy. What a pal. Everyone should have a friend like Dave. ;D

Tell you what Dave. Next lunch I'll bring you a baggie gift of my machining.
Yeah. It'll be empty.
Unless you like dust. I can do dust.

Great time at lunch (breakfast?). Really nice putting faces to the posts.
Since I was the only one without an actual machine at home (shipping any day now) I just sat and was amazed at the quality of the parts and partial assemblies being passed around the table (even if the wheels did keep falling off dave's steam loco) "Just a trial fit up" ::)
Even nice to see Zee's "gift bag 'o chips"
Looking forward to the next one when hopefully I'll have some parts (or a completed first engine) to share.
Everyone convinced me to make a Rocker as my first build so I've been studying the plans and understanding how it works.
Thanks again guys for the warm welcome.
Stan

Thanks to the guys that came to lunch. It was great to have Scott and Stan come so far.

Stan I hope your machines come in soon so you can get the rocker built, if not let me know and I will send you a "bag-O-chips" too. :big:

Scott, Thanks for the info you provided it will be put to use soon.

Hope to make this a every few months kind of thing and hope more can join in

Dave

Hey Zee, Im getting hungry I think its time for another trip to the dinner. Anyone that would like to come along all are welcome. Bring a fer parts and lots of storys :big:

Dave

When? I'm in. I'll bring my "Engine on a mill"
Stan

To anyone who would like to attend. There will be a lunch meeting on Nov 19th 2011 at 12:00 pm at the West Chester Dinner in West Chester PA 19380

All are welcome

Dave

Sorry Tom it would like quadruple the distance. I am not driving over 6 hours round trip for lunch.
Tin

I should be able to make it. Let me check my calender tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back