• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for some material

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMyers

Reaction score
I am in need of a piece of copper pipe. Either 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" x approx 6" long. I hate to buy a whole length to make a fuel take. If someone has something, I would gladly buy some.
thanks,
Brent

Are you talking about regular home plumbing type copper? If so I have a ton of both those sizes.
John T.

Cedge and I stopped by a scrap yard last week with a large container full of copper tube. From 1/2" up to prob 4" dia. Well come to regret not getting some. Don't know where they got it but some looked brand new. Cut up with a hack saw too? :-\

Tim

This summer, the scrap metal dealer I patronize has been taking in many tons of new copper pipe in full lengths and cutting it up short enough for their bins. I just assumed that the wholesalers were dumping their inventory when the scrap price exceeded what they had paid for it. There is little demand for either DWV or pressure copper as almost everything is done with plastic in the housing industry.

Back