LOOKING FOR MEMBERS NEAR CHAPEL HILL, NC

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryeda

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I just joined. Would love to meet someone who lives in my area. I'm a sculptor by profession, but I also have a small machine shop and I'm working on some tiny mechanisms for animating some small figures. The hobby of building miniature engines, etc. has always fascinated me, and I'm hoping someone like me lives around here. Larry

Welcome to the forum! Your miniature work sounds interesting, can you post photos?

Welcome to HMEM Larry.

I have modified your post a bit.
Your registered information is all that is needed for any legitimate
member to contact you via PM or email.
Posting a personal phone number will result in calls that you don't
need or want to hear.

Welcome once again.

Rick

Dear Rick, Vernon and zeeprogramer, Thanks for your replies. Can't post any pictures yet of my figures. But when the first one is finished, I'll definitely post. I'm realy enjoying seeing the incredible work done by the members on this site, as well as pictures of their shops. I have a Myford Super 7 and a big Cincinnatti mill, and I just picked up a nice old Hardinge TL at a country auction. I also have a huge Alexander 3A pantograph which I need to sell to help with the family finances. It works well. I'll post it in the right section.

Larry

Hi Larry and welcome to the forum. I am close (same state) but not as close as your are looking for I am sure. I am in the greater Charlotte area. Sounds like you have a nice collection of tools to work with and like others have said, would love to see pictures of those and your sculptures and figures too as time permits. Hang around here long enough and you just may catch the engine "bug" as well :big:

Regards,
Bill

larryeda said:
I have a Myford Super 7 and a big Cincinnatti mill, and I just picked up a nice old Hardinge TL at a country auction.
:bow: Nice bunch, there! :bow:

Oh yeah, I'm in Virginia, about 130 miles from ya.

Latest posts

Back