Kerzel

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, wasn't being condescending. Brian did make changes and posted his updated drawings in that thread. I just finished reading Brian's thread, WOW! 86 pages. I saved all of Brian's drawings and videos.
I am hoping to build the Kerzel myself. I have several projects going now that must be finished first, and also plan to build the Webster first to get my feet wet.

Chuck

If I could offer one bit of advice about the Kerzel build----Try and use cast iron rings. It will work with a Viton ring, but they create a LOT more drag in the cylinder than cast iron rings do. The result of that added drag is that you will never get as many "misses" between "hits" as you would if you were running a cast iron ring. or--You could try lapping the piston into the cylinder with diamond paste like I did on the two cycle engine I recently built, and use no rings at all. This gives almost no drag at all, but it requires a pretty high level of skill to do it right.

Sorry, wasn't being condescending. Brian did make changes and posted his updated drawings in that thread. I just finished reading Brian's thread, WOW! 86 pages. I saved all of Brian's drawings and videos.
I am hoping to build the Kerzel myself. I have several projects going now that must be finished first, and also plan to build the Webster first to get my feet wet.

Chuck

Chuck, That thought never crossed my mind.I have been reading through Brian's threads also, and to tell you the truth ,it scares me. It's a whole lot to take in. I have a couple of house projects to do,and I need to do some research on a rotary table.I probably won't get started until late fall.I just finished the Webster, and it helped me out a lot with my machining skills. Good luck,and let us know how it goes.

Coomba

One piece at a time. Surely you can do or figure out one piece. Then move on to the next. I am in the process of building a 9 cyl radial. One piece at a time. Been one piecing it for 2 1/2 years now. If you are over this way and I can help get in touch

One pc.f.iece at a time. Surely you can do or figure out one piece. Then move on to the next. I am in the process of building a 9 cyl radial. One piece at a time. Been one piecing it for 2 1/2 years now. If you are over this way and I can help get in touch

More than not, I can handle that.I'll just need a generous supply of material.

Latest posts

Back