It RUNS Odds & Ends Hit Miss

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a beautiful engine Jeff.
I went back through the thread and found the video again. Yeah...nice sound.

Thanks Zee,

Its been a fun and huge learning experience.

Jeff

Nice running, and beautiful looking engine. ;)

Looking really nice, Jeff. Hope you will favor us with some more pictures when you get it on its final mounting.

Regards,
Rudy

That's one of the prettiest Odds n Ends engines I've seen. Very nice work.

Chuck

Thanks for the compliments Hobby, Rudy and Chuck. :)

I'll get the pictures up at final completion...

Jeff

Sharp looking engine, and a nice paint job to boot. Did you have any issues with the paint and primer adhering to the aluminum?

Thanks CMS,

For the painting I just cleaned all the parts with MEK then used Rust-O-leum primer and color paint. Seemed to adhere fine.

Jeff

Wow, great job Slick. I have a hit and miss engine not too far down on my list of projects and have now found the one I want to base it on. It looks a great design.

Nick

Thanks Nick,

The engine was a straight forward build and my first IC. The late Phil Duclos has a real talent for instruction, teaching and photo documentation and I just followed the instructions with success the first try. I recommend it.

Jeff

Jeff, thanks for that and thanks for sharing your work. It definitely looks the best layout I've seen, a lot of others scare me off with complex shapes / methods etc but this looks nice.

Yours runs superbly too. Well done.

Nick

All Finished

Now for pictures and of course the obligatory video...

Jeff

101_1284.jpg

101_1288.jpg

101_1287.jpg

101_1285.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/v/Eh9XLDNNQXA&hl

That is a fine sounding engine Jeff. Fine.
Thanks for posting that.
It's really nice.

Great sound and a terrific runner Jeff, I like the side hung fuel tank as well. I bet it makes fuel delivery a bit easier.

BC1
Jim

Great job Jeff.

Its really neat seeing these engines run.

SAM

Excellent Jeff!! Thanks for sharing. I might have missed it in an earlier post, but what kind of ignition system are you using?

Rudy

Hi Jeff
Your engine is super. Looks great and runs fantastic. Well Done.
I am working on the P. Duclos Mavrick right now that will be my first IC engine. If it comes out 1/2 as good as yours I will be elated.
Jack B

slick95 said:
Thanks guys for the very nice comments.

Rudy, the ignition system is a CDI from S/S Machine and Engineering:

http://cncengines.com/ic.html

Jeff

Thanks for the info. I was using a motorcycle coil I have now ordered a cdi unit can't wait for it to get here. Going to set up so I can use it on my engines without having a big battery and coil I like the compactness of these units.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back