Introduction

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starbolin

Reaction score
Been enjoying lurking here lately so I thought I'd sign up. Love the hints and tips section and the OOPs's. I'm just you're basic retired lathe and mill man ( three lathes and one mill, last count, ) was trained as an EE and am a school trained welder.

My ongoing projects include restoring my Sebastian lathe, building a Quorn, and restoring a vintage Airstream.

I live in Northern California about three hours north of SF. Go north on I-5 and if you hit Lake Shasta you've gone too far.

Welcome to HMEM starbolin.

Rick

starbolin,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

starbolin, your going to love this group, a lot of learning here and enough projects to last several life times, I have Sebastian it is a 24" swing with a 13' foot bed, built on or before 1940, what size is your, have fun here, Lathe Nut

Welcome to the group Starbolin. Its a great bunch here so jump right in.

Bill

lathe nut said:
starbolin, your going to love this group, a lot of learning here and enough projects to last several life times, I have Sebastian it is a 24" swing with a 13' foot bed, built on or before 1940, what size is your, have fun here, Lathe Nut

lathe nut;
Do you have a picture of your Sebastian? I would like to see it. Mine is a 12"x36". It's got an upgraded three jaw, a four jaw, a steady and a non-functional taper attachment. I've been told it's a model that was made for the war effort but I have no proof of that. It used to have a drive clutch which I removed but it wasn't a lineshaft machine. This arrangement was used in factories to avoid frequent starts and stops on the motors. Eight speeds and 96 feeds; I love my Sebastian even though it's pretty worn out.

Tonight I'll append a picture.

Latest posts

Back