Inline Rocker Solenoid Motor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coilmotorworks

Reaction score
Here is a solenoid based motor that I had built a prototype of 20 plus years ago. Unfortunately the original got lost someplace so I had to work from memory. The solenoid uses 0.015" wire. It will idle at about 6VDC and will have an average current draw of about 300ma. The micro switch is a 125VDC 5A. The connecting rod has the equivalent of a universal joint on both ends.

Start.jpg

SolenoidParts.jpg

SolenoidArbor.jpg

Coil.jpg

RoughRocker.jpg

P1010054.jpg

ConRod.jpg

Good job , seems that not many people are messing around with these, I think there really neat.
I've built my share and have recently started thinking on another, keep up the good work.
GUS

Nice. Does it go fast? Years ago I triesd one of these as a school project. My intensions were good but the thing refused to work. It was a 2 cylinder model. Took years before I learned that cranks must be 90 degrees separated.

CoilM (for lack of something more personal),

Cabin Fever, Yes(2 /12 hrs. away)

Names, Not yet(Far, far away)

Are you going to Cabin Fever?

GUS

Is it fast? Skip to 1:27:eek:. This is a very powerful single solenoid motor.

[ame]http://youtu.be/fNug03KRKRA[/ame]

Never been to CF but I have been to NAMES every year but 2002 since 1999. One of my goals is to make it out as soon as my income can support that trip... I wont be at NAMES this year either as the the funds are real short right now too.

Latest posts

Back