Infectious diseases

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WARNING

Don't, what ever you medicate with, combine Aspirin and Alcohol. This combination will result in the worst case of bleeding stomach ulcers imaginable. This is the voice of experience speaking.

firebird said:
Hi

I've got the flu. Not one of those silly little girlie sniffles that ladies get but proper man flu. I've tried soaking my feet in a bowl of meths, tying dirty rags around my neck and rubbing steam oil in my chest all to no avail. Has any one got a cure???

Cheers

Rich

So your the Ba$^#@%% that gave it to me ehh!

Your right , the one going around now is a real gut ripper. The wife has it too.

sorry to hear your all so poorly

i spend a couple months each year in cambodia

the bugs there lay elephants low

maybe its that that helps me but everyone around here is crook as well and i'm the only one ok

personally i get the hottest curry (thai or veitnamese) and eat curries like mad when i get a bug, maybe it sweats it out
maybe its the "afterburn" that does the job ( good curries burn twice ) but they seem to make most bugs pass faster, if you dont get full body sweats and the shakes it aint hot enough THEN wash it down with Jack

brow sweats is kids stuff

try it ! i dont mind you cussing me out , you can get used to it

its better than being sick

hope your all better soon

jack

I'll probably pay for this post in the form of getting some nasty crap going around out there, but one thing that I have started doing is making sure that I have clean hands before rubbing my eyes, going to the bathroom, or consuming food or beverages. This really applies to messing with any orifice in the body.

Before doing this, I would get a cold or whatever usually a few times a year. Now, my sick spells are fewer and farther between. Up until a few weeks ago, I hadn't been sick for almost two years (knocking on wood!). A remarkable feat when considering having a young 'un living under the same roof that brings home more than his share of bugs! It really has made a difference!

Loose Nut, hope you get well soon!

The wife and I actually feel like we might survive, maybe! and Jack as for eating hot food to sweat it out, if I even thought about food for the last 3 or 4 days I would be singing into the porcelain microphone. Good way to start a diet though, lost a few pounds.

Hope the rest get better soon.

Latest posts

Back