Infectious diseases

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firebird

Reaction score
Hi

I've got the flu. Not one of those silly little girlie sniffles that ladies get but proper man flu. I've tried soaking my feet in a bowl of meths, tying dirty rags around my neck and rubbing steam oil in my chest all to no avail. Has any one got a cure???

Cheers

Rich

One Hot Rum Toddy every hour and stay in bed.
It won't help cure the flu, but after a while you won't care, plus you will sleep which will help and you will stay away from the rest of us and not share the flu.
Regards,
Gerald

Have a large whiskey & honey mix every hour or so but be careful. Go easy on the honey!

oldboatguy said:
Have a large whiskey & honey mix every hour or so but be careful. Go easy on the honey!

Bet me to it 8) ................. works for me ;)

CC

Gargle with rye whiskey---then swallow. If not better in 2 weeks, draw up last will and testament or join alcoholics anonymous!!!

I feel for you.
The other week I got a dose of Alice.

Don't know how infectious it is but Christopher Robin went down with it ..............

I got it as well - send rum and scotch.

I havn't got it yet butI will take these cures to keep it away :big:

Ian

Hi all

Very constructive comments. Can't chat for long though, I'm having a very meaningful discussion with Jack Daniels. He seems to understand ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) :p :p :p :big: :big: :big:

Cheers

Rich

John: Did you forget the military movies on how to avoid a dose from Alice?

Stan :eek: .......... behave ;)

Mmmmm ......... about distributing the whiskey ........... mind, methinks Rick might need to go shopping first so ........ no "breath holding" guys ::)

I really do hope all you lot recover quickly ............. and also ......... that you keep it to yourselves ;)

atb

CC

firebird, my best wishes for a speedy recovery! For medication sake, the first thing that pops into mind is Tamiflu. You have to have a prescription for it in the states, but it works. Beyond that, just take it easy and get as much rest as you can.

Good luck and get well fast!!!

wife is sick,daughter is sick, son is sick................as for me i'm ok (so i think) :big:

firebird.............get well soon.

chuck

Hi all

Well my discussion with Jack certainly helped, I slept like a log. Funny thing though, my head feels a bit fuzzy this morning?

Cheers

Rich

It's just the flu, Rich. Another conversation with Jack will help that ;D

Hi

I'm having another meeting with him around 10.00pm

Cheers

Rich

Latest posts

Back