In the dark

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgjessing

Reaction score
So Friday afternoon I was making myself one of Bog's little precision scrap thingies when that storm hit, the power went out, and the lathe stopped spinning. The electric company's web site estimates we will be back "on" July 7th (today is July 1st). Grrrr...

The 100 degree temperatures forecast for the week aren't helping any. I don't mind it all that much but the wife is melting. We emptied out the freezer this morning and distributed the contents to friends & relatives. Just be happy it's not winter, I keep reminding myself.

My little 60 watt solar system sure is appreciated - it can run the internet connection, charge phones & laptops, and run a little TV. No help with the lathe, though...

Sorry to hear about you're troubles just hope it all works out for you I am still mopping up from the flash floods we suffered recently.
Best wishes Frazer

I know the feeling My power was out for 98 hours from 1:13 AM last Saturday until 3:15 AM this morning.
you certainly were not alone in this. there are still a lot of folks without power and they are talking more storms on the way.
Tin

Latest posts

Back