ilver Bullet build help

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danthompson58

Reaction score
hello new to sight, going to build the Silver Bullet model engine and was going through plans to order some of the supplies. Would anyone have the gear part no. and a vendor for the water pump gears?

Last edited:
Dan:
The silver bullet is a Bob Shores design. Bob founded Florida Association of model engineers. IIRC his engines are supported by his widow and some friends of the family. so try looking for info on the Floridaame.org site. There is some good build tips written by bob, and several guys on the site have built the silver bullet They have a forum there as well. So you may want to ask tyour question there as well as here.
Do not feel I am trying to shuffle you off from HMEM. You are welcome to stay and learn . I am also a member of the FAME site but mostly spend time here.

And please post an introduction in the welcome section . that effort of a virtual handshake helps us all.
Tin

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the group and I'm glad to hear of another Silver Bullet build. I hope you continue your questions and post your progress on this group as there is a lot of help here.

I've been building a Silver Bullet for too long, but hopefully I'll get it done.

The water pump gears are available from Stock Drive Products. This link should get you to the proper part.

https://sdp-si.com/eStore/PartDetail.asp?Opener=Group&PartID=25353&GroupID=590

If not, the Stock Drive part number is A 1B 1-Y32009 and their home page is at http://sdp-si.com/

Good luck with your build. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Regards,

Chuck Kuhn

Hi,
Yes, I too am building a Silver Bullet, and it is taking me forever. Not the faalt of the engine, I'm just very slow.
I have a piece of water-pump gear stock I can send to you, free, because a great guy on this forum did same for me. Let me know how much you want and your address and I'll send a piece to you.
As for the timing gears, I hobbed them, and would be glad to tell you how.
You can see some of the blood and tracks of my build here, at "Silver Bullet again" thread.
Mosey

Thanks for the information, advice and help on this engine build. I am getting most of the supplies gathered up. Mosey is giving me the water pump gears, Thanks. I am ordering the timing gears from part no/supplier on drawing. Berg the gear supplier seems to be having some problems with the crank gear however, I will know more in AM.

Latest posts

Back