I volunteer for the dumb question..

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ieezitin said:
So for you who don’t know, this is what I do. I go to paint in Microsoft, whip up a little sketch, name it and save it to documents. Reduce its size to about 100kb, send it as an attachment.

All done In a flash. Saves acres of writing space. All the best. Anthony.

I've learned AutoCad, and TurboCad, profeciently,
but I have trouble working with microsoft paint.

I just can't get the hang of it...

Blogs is being modest.... he's not mentioned the more portable "business card" version of CoC. Then again... I'm not sure I'd want to mention a product that has been in continuous beta testing for the last couple of centuries....(grin).

Steve

Hey guys remember to save your files and work. Crap o Cad andf the other versions I mentions can easily have work corrupted by such applications as Playful Puppy, Helpful Cat or inquisitive child. and if running morning coffee or afternoon tea with these other applications there is a real danger of damaging of drawing files ::) ::) ::)
Tin

I recently lost all of the files for my Cracker locomotive, so a warning to the rest of you: Crap-o-CAD is not compatible with Garment Launderer. :-\

jmshep said:
If proof were needed just look at how much wisdom and entertainment this "dumb" question has provided.

Ha! Exactly what I was thinking before I came across this. Well said.

I just thought that I would show you just how easy C-o-C is to use.

Read post, grab pen and paper, do C-o-C, scan on printer below,watermark and reduce it, post it.

Two or three mins at the most.

Clean old C-o-C's off desktop when it gets to the point of overflowing.

Blogs

C-o-C in use.jpg

Well that was a bit of unfortunate timing...
Just look at your monitor...two questionable characters of dubious lineage... :big:

What do you mean by 'watermark'?

I've been a big fan of C-of-C before it was known as C-of-C...I started with crayons.

That is the advantage Carl.

What is shown and noticed by you on the screen, is just before my post above. It is all done in real time.

Basically, you can explain a situation in the time it takes to draw up and post.

Just like I am posting now.

Blogs

Paper Placemat is compatible with Napkin Cad but as I found out from a firm principal, artistic liscense must be used with tomato sauce and red felt tip. After suitable drying these were placed in the working file. None of the above versions is immune to table clearing Firehose Thru the Window virus and after an office move to a basement floor additional green three dimensional notations from Effluent Backup are N.I.C. (Not in Contract).

Shadow...
I never had much luck with Paper Placemat Cad. The work space is usually too cluttered up with important apps like "Find a Word", "Hidden Images" or "Connect the Dots"...(grin)

Steve

These are great posts...
Rof} Rof} Rof}

Bugger, I can't find the save function on my etch-o-sketch. :wall: That's the third C-o-C drawing I've lost this week

Cheers
Phil

Majorstrain said:
Bugger, I can't find the save function on my etch-o-sketch. :wall: That's the third C-o-C drawing I've lost this week

Stop looking on the back for the "save" button. :d

Speaking of Etch-O-Sketch's , Check this out th_wtf1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgyZgqImAHA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgyZgqImAHA[/ame]

Now I'll have to upgrade mine :wall: but I'll avoid using that brown stuff. Rof}

Cheers,
Phil

Why is it, that whenever you get a reasonable product, they have to spoil everything by going Hi Tech?

Etch-O-Sketch memories from now on will never be the same :redface2:

They have taken every atom of fun out of it. :wall:

;D

Blogs

In response to the EAS. Someone had way too much time on their hands. :eek:

BTW, This is a great thread!! ;D

Greebe

Good grief. I hope I never get to the point that I need a computer to run my Etch-A-Sketch. Or my shop machines, for that matter. Although.. it would be neat to have a machine that would turn my lathe upside down and erase my mistakes.

Dean

Since this thread is now going slightly off track I'll try to bring it back by showing my ignorance and ask another dumb question:

Why do people use aluminium so much instead of steel?

• Softer and easier to cut, or
  • Cheaper, or
  • Doesn't rust, or
  • Like the looks of it, or
  • Some other reason

Inquiring minds want to know.

earl...

Back