I need help with Autodesk Inventor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cam

Reaction score
Hey everyone, today I got the full version Autodesk Inventor Professional 2011. However, i am really frustrated with how much it crashes. It barely lasts 5 minutes at a time. I have contacted Autodesk but they are little or no help. They recommended i install the maintenance patch, which i did, but to no avail. Can any Autodesk familiar people give me some help?

Much appreciated,

Cameron.

Hi
It seems to be a common problem,we have about 15 users and the ones that have upgraded to 2011 have said that it runs alot slower than 2010, mine does crash every now and then but the biggest pain is when I use a command like a fillet or hole the pop up menu that appears will disappear after a few seconds and blend into the back ground so I have to minimize inventor then bring it back and quickly fill in the dialog box.
I think inventor know their is a problem with 2011 but I haven't seen any patches yet to fix the problem
Put as much ram into your pc as you can fit I think 2-3 Gig was the minimum.

Cheers
Paul

I find it crashes most when i place my mouse over a command e.g. extrusion or hole and it tells me what such a command does in the pop down menu. It will then proceed to crash. I have also installed the maintenance patch autodesk suggested but nothing has been fixed.

I only have 2GB of RAM but is not exactly a small amount, it should handle this program, I would have thought? Could you let me know if any of the other users are able to fix their issues?

Thank you,

Cameron.

Hey i had this same problem when i had my older computer, But since i upgraded to 4 GB RAM i've not had any problems besides it runs extremely slow whenever i am creating an animation, my only suggestion could be to upgrade your computer.

I'll echo the advice above. More RAM. Most CAD programs need a lot to be stable. Run it without anything else running. No email, no IM, no spreadsheets.

Back