I got a machining job in a prototype research laboratory AMA

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmecruz

Reaction score
I am a home hobbyist machinist. I got 2 mills and a lathe in my basement. I put an add on craigslist to make small parts to help support my hobby and I got contacted by a Power company called Blackligt power. The are located in Cranbury NJ. They are designing these energy engines or something with hydrinos. All the machines are manual. I make small parts for these engines. The engineers are winging it since these generators have never been made for. The science behind this technology is way above my head so I just make the parts. They want to hire me fulltime but I already have a fulltime job so I just work partime. I have zero work experience in machining and all formal training is from the interwebs. I will admit craigslist keeps me busy. There is a huge void for manual machinist. They are very hard to find I am starting to learn.. If you are a hobbyists and want some work. its there just go get it..

woohoo1Ask me anything!!!!!

I would be sure to keep getting your pay on a weekly basis- words like 'energy engines' and 'hydrinos' and 'Blacklight power' sound like a hair brain idea that may evaporate in a flash. It might be Ok, but I would keep getting paid currently, and if they ask you to delay your pay for a while I'd get out quick.

Just my 2 cents worth, and Im a skeptic.

It seems to be a iffy company. Tread lightly! Sounds to me like its Cold Fusion sort of stuff. Googling "hydrino" brings up alot of criticism of blacklight power. If they pay you, then thats fine. I would still keep your full time job though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackLight_Power

It appears that this company has latched on to millions of dollars so you might as well get a slice of it.

from what I can tell so far the generators actually work but they just make a big mess, and hydrinos do exists

Good to know there are good prospects for machinist,CNC or Manual.

Believe the rates are very attractive for very low qty lots. Especially the one or two pce qty.

Latest posts

Back