Hola from Denver

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TroyO

Reaction score
I have only posted a couple replies, but figured I'd say hello.

I've been "making stuff" for ages but I'm new to machining.

I have a HF 8x lathe already and have been using it for about a year? I just recently got an X2 Mini Mill and have been working on that to get it working well so I can work on some of those ideas that require straight pieces.

The 8x is pretty decent out of the box, I've done many mods and upgrades on it but primarily for convenience sake. The X2... well, it just wasn't going to work the way it came so I've been fiddling with it for a month or more trying to get it "just right".

I found this site on that quest, someone referenced the (Excellent, BTW) thread on head/column alignment that's on this forum and I recently decided to poke around some more have found lots of cool stuff on here!

Maybe someday I'll even make an engine! ;D

Welcome to the forum TroyO.
You don't need to wait to make an engine. Pics of your lathe and mill and the mods you've done are a good start!

Troy,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hello Troy great to have you in the community. I am also in Denver, close to DIA, off of 56th and Tower Road. I have the HF 7 x 10 min-lathe and the X2 mini-mill as well. If you need anything remember there is help in the area.

Hey, another Denverite!

Have you ever checked out Club Workshop? I keep meaning to make some time... it sounds like a superb resource, especially when the mighty X2 or mini lathe just doesn't cut it and you need "real machines".

http://www.clubworkshop.com/

One of these days I need to check it out.

I went to my first milling class at "Club Workshop" in Denver. It's set up kind of like a health club, except they have TOOLS.... all kinds of them!

Full woodworking shop (Table saw, router tables, radial arm saws, sanders, 5x8 CNC router table, mortisers, etc.)

Full metal working shop... 2 good size CNC Mills (16x32 Eagle, slightly smaller Bridgeport) cutoff saws, bandsaws, largish lathe (Harrison I think.. 12x36 or so) tool grinders, etc.

Specialty tools are a laser cutter/engraver and a rapid prototyping machine that "prints" 3D ABS objects.

Anyway... I figured folks in Denver might be interested. It is worth checking out... I kick myself because I've known about it for a while and just recently got off my bumm to actually check it out.

HI and welcome from bob in the uk durham city

Hi jump in and enjoy regards from bob in the uk durham city

Latest posts

Back