Hit me - Miss me?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob

Back in the saddle again - good to see it's getting close to completion.

Rgds - Gavin

A great engine and easy to follow progress with the photos to help :bow:
A lot faster than me I'm afraid but then I tend to go off in tangents
Pete

Glad to see some more, Bob! Thanks for the update and pics.

Gavin, Pete, Dean and Dave,

Thanks for the support guys. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I am determined to finish this engine and get it to run. There are so many models and bits I would like to make but I just know if I start something else my chances of returning to an old project are next to none. I have a half built flame licker sitting in a box to prove it. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Bob, Your perseverance in making this model is truly inspiring.
Good Show as they say. Can't wait to see it run.

Ron

Ron,

Thanks for the kind words and support. :bow:

kvom,

Love your sense of humour, great comment. :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

At last, some play time :eek:

I have been busy refurbishing ISO tanks relief valves. I has me beat how these vital bits of safety equipment are abused in the field. One lessee requested just put it back and sign off on the tank. The poor valve had been beaten with a big hammer and in no way could or would it operate. I won't repeat my remarks to the lessee but they referred to his legitimacy, an Oz parrot and requirements for a headband. Just to make sure he got the message I doubled the repair price, still much cheaper than a new one, ($AU800).

rantoff.gif

I tried pressing one of the governor weights onto the lever arm.........result..........2 x 1/2 governor weights. :mad:

Method 2 was to make a collet to hold the lever arm and then machine it to a press fit for the weight viz:

collet1.jpg

collet.jpg

cw1.jpg

Can't show the second one because I broke it ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Looking great Bob. Getting very close now :bow:

" I won't repeat my remarks to the lessee but they referred to his legitimacy, an Oz parrot and requirements for a headband."

Rof}

Sorry to hear about the 2 x 1/2 weight Bob....The next one will go quick....

Dave

Was the Oz parrot copulating by any chance? For some reason they usually are in those circumstances!

Herbie and Dave,

Thanks guys for stopping by. :bow: :bow:

tel said:
Was the Oz parrot copulating by any chance? For some reason they usually are in those circumstances!

Oddly enough .....................no :eek:

Thanks for your input tel ;D :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Hi,

The governor weights are finished and epoxied onto the arms.

DSCF1154.jpg

I made a start on the cylinder oiler.

DSCF1155.jpg

DSCF1156.jpg

During the week I hope to design the governor springs and then wind them next week. Assuming I finish the oiler. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Thm: It's good to see you getting some more done on the engine Bob - keep at it :)

Kind regards, Arnold

Strewth! A pink flywheel! Are they putting something in the water down there?

tel said:
Strewth! A pink flywheel! Are they putting something in the water down there?

Only fluoride ;D Methinks that TurboCAD has a problem interpreting colours between the screen and the printer :mad:

After carefully marking my various bits of silver solder to show which was which, I grabbed the wrong one. Naturally I only realised this when the brass began to melt before the solder :'(

Ah well I needed the practice. so here is cylinder oiler No2. using the correct grade of solder. ::)

DSCF1238.jpg

The governor weights and levers complete.

DSCF1237.jpg

Best Regards
Bob

You did well Bob when you consider how much time you actually get at the machines. will soon hear the poppin. and bangin.

Barry

Back