Hit me - Miss me?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stick with it Bob, it'll all work out in the end.

Maryak said:
Ah well I guess next week will see me underway complete with idiots guide covering 60o angles. :'(

That will be pitched perfectly for me, then! Good to see you making headway.

Arnold, I know how you feel - It's been nearly 2 months since I've powered anything up in the workshop (other than the light).

Good to see you are still at it Bob. It's looking good.

I guess I'm not the only guy plugging away at a 2 year old project.

Too bad about the boo-boo, Bob. Since I've never made a mistake on spokes or even bolt hole circles, I don't know what to say.
Now, off to say my prayers. "Please forgive me for lying... again."

Hang in there. : )

Dean

Gavin, Richard, Kevin & Dean,

Thanks guys for your support. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Lucky me :p

I managed to recover from my brain fart without having to resort to electric glue :eek: :eek:

Below is wheel 1. hot off the mill an application of elbow grease combined with my Spanish friend Manuel Labour, should make things OK but I will wait until I have wheel 2. done whilst the set up is fresh in my mind.

DSCF1273.jpg

Best Regards
Bob

looks good Bob
keep at it :)

Ahhh NICE.....get back on that mill and crank the other one out! ;D

Good Onya Bob!

Dave

ONYA Bob, a very credible looking wheel!

MM, Dave and tel,

Thanks for your input guys. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Following Dave's instruction.................cranking out FW2

DSCF1003.jpg

Lucky me it's now time for a hand job. ::)

DSCF1026.jpg

Only 11 more gaps to file ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Oh that's coming along nicely! How's things Bob!

Dave

Great work Bob. Pretty hefty looking flywheels. Similar to the wheels on the Noarlunga train

Why do you think they've shut the line down, they're still looking for a couple of missing wheels.

The flywheels came out great Bob :bow:

That Manuel Labour guy seems to get around a lot - he's a good acquaintance of mine as well :big:

Kind regards, Arnold

Dave, Herbie, Gavin and Arnold,

Thanks again guys for hanging around. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

There are only so many pictures one can take of a flywheel and I think I've reached my limit :eek:

I am still filing and polishing away at the wheels but I think you get the idea.

Hobbius Interuptus came in the form of a broken latch on one of Galina's, (out of the 100 or so she has), handbags :p Die cast rubbish :mad:

My 1st reaction was it's kaput. This brought forth wails of, it's my favourite, I can't find another one of the correct colour, etc. etc. etc. I'm sure you get the picture. ;)

I applied my years of skill and ingenuity, (thought about it for a couple of minutes), and have drilled down through the latch and its' stem then using copious quantities of Araldite and a suitable brass rod have reassembled the latch and am waiting a week or 2 for it to harden. Then cut off the excess rod and mold it to the top of the latch and polish.

Arghhhh...............the things we do for love. ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Those plated die-cast things are horrible. I've been called upon to try and repair them too. Can't solder them, can't glue them, all you can do is pin and epoxy or make a whole new one.

Dave Gavin and Shred,

Thanks guys :bow: :bow: :bow:

Well again more filing today but the flywheels are ready to fly.

The next thing to tackle is the governor arms pivot. I have been worrying about this small fiddly bit and decided that the best way I could think of to hold it for machining was to glue it to a plate which could be clamped directly to the mill table. I elected to go this route as I needed to find a reasonable way of getting the thickness, 0.059"

There's a plate in there somewhere between the glue, paper and weights to flatten it whilst drying.

DSCF1029.jpg

Best Regards
Bob

Looking good Buddy
keep after it :)
Pete

Back