Hit me - Miss me?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking like an engine now Bob! and Well wishes to you and your extended family!

Dave

Hi everyone, I have just read this thread from the beginning and I was so impressed I had to join up just so I could say so. :bow:
Keep us posted, Bob.

Ian

Ian,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Thanks for struggling through the thread. :bow:

Kostya went back to Russia today and we have the nervous nellies until he is clear of Domodedovo which is Cathay Pacific's airport in Moscow. :mad: :mad:

Friday will I hope, see me back in my shop adding another small part to this project, which seems to be of interminable length.

Best Regards
Bob

Happy Australia Day, Bob.

You're adding a small part which seems to be of interminable length? :big:

Looking forward to seeing your progress, as always.

T70MkIII said:
Happy Australia Day, Bob.

You're adding a small part which seems to be of interminable length? :big:

Looking forward to seeing your progress, as always.

Damn...........I thought I had the comma in the right place. Your probably right interminable is omnidirectional. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Guys,

Well I made it to the shop on Friday but the camera stayed home.........."The Golden Years" strike again.........another "Senior Moment."

Managed to make and rivet in place the cam follower roller and make a chuck holder for my hydraulic press.

The idea is to use a two jaw chuck in the press to hold a piece of 1/8" square tool steel and broach a 1/8" square hole for the push rod in the rocker mount on the head. Next week will see if this is a good or not so good idea.

Best Regards
Bob

Another weak ::)

Well I broached the 1/8" not quite square hole on the rocker carrier plate :p A quick swipe or 10 with a file to square it up and voila ;D

DSCF1122.jpg

DSCF1121.jpg

Sorry there are no pics of the broaching but I ran out of hands having only been issued with the usual 2, (probably could have done with at least another pair).

The rest of the time was spent setting up the mill to make the governor stop and the points contact, which also need broaching These should be easier as they are brass.

Avagoodweekend

Best Regards
Bob

Hi bob
The beast is sure starting to take shape now :)
after looking at your pics i think ill go to the shed and install the bearing caps on my little Kerzel,
this arvo (my build is really lacking some moving bits to play with ;D)

Metalmad,

Thanks for stopping by. :bow:

I managed to make the points block yesterday so another small step done.

Roughing out the block

DSCF1124.jpg

The block test fit on the push rod.

DSCF1125.jpg

DSCF1126.jpg

Best Regards
Bob

Good going Bob :) - Glad to see you got to machine some metal instead of electrons ;)
You're doing a great job on machining those electrons as well!

Kind regards, Arnold

Dave and Arnold,

Thanks for your kind words and continued support. :bow: :bow:

Today I actually feel as if I actually accomplished something, not a lot mind you but something.

Hacking out the rocker arm.

DSCF1136.jpg

Ready for drilling and fitting to the post and push rod.

DSCF1139.jpg

Trial fit up.

DSCF1137.jpg

DSCF1138.jpg

I have left the rod spring oversize and will sort that out when I have the governor arm sorted and know the lengths of the various bits.

Best Regards
Bob

Looking good Bob
I like the Big models the best (maybe cos I can see em !!) ;D
Pete

From little things, big things grow. - Good to see you're getting some time on the engine Bob, it's looking good.

Maryak said:
Hi Guys,

Well I made it to the shop on Friday but the camera stayed home.........."The Golden Years" strike again.........another "Senior Moment."

That is why they were designed for wrist straps and fanny packs were invented.. Rof} Rof} Rof}

Your project is developing well Bob, I can remember :shrug:(really?) when it was just a set of prints that was a gift from your daughter. (and I couldn't tell you what I had for breakfast this morning, go figure)

BC1
Jim

Pete, Gavin and Jim,

Thanks Guys :bow: :bow: :bow: Your support and humour is most welcome. :D

Best Regards
Bob

Another small step

The governor arm

DSCF1141.jpg

DSCF1143.jpg

Best Regards
Bob

Keep at it Bob.

Pretty soon you will have eaten the elephant and wonder where it went. :) :) :)

Ron

Back