High Speed Drill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie bruce

Reaction score
Sorry to say Tel but yep they are very much worth it ::)

Mate need to drill a 0.5 mm hole in stainless Thm:

That drill is the ducks guts and its in nice condition too mate

I have a Waldown work max in my shop its 20 years old and was used 8 hours a day for at least 15 years before i got it and guess what the spindle still goes shhhhuuuuullllllllrrrrrrrrpppppp in its housing

We forget how good some of the tools made in Australia where / still are

"Crap on a crumpet" ? "Ducks guts" ? ??? ???

Must be some machinist terms I haven't learnt yet!

Really nice drill. Have not seen anything quite like it. Don't think I could afford it.

Still trying to figure out what "shhhhuuuuullllllllrrrrrrrrpppppp" sounds like. ;)

It certainly looks a lot better made than my Chinese pillar drill, but we all have to live within our means.

black85vette said:
"Crap on a crumpet" ? "Ducks guts" ? ??? ???

Must be some machinist terms I haven't learnt yet!

Really nice drill. Have not seen anything quite like it. Don't think I could afford it.

Still trying to figure out what "shhhhuuuuullllllllrrrrrrrrpppppp" sounds like. ;)

Aussie slang mate, takes some time to get used to

Crap on a crumpet translates to I wasnt expecting to pay that much for that with a fair bit expletives thrown in :big:

Ducks Guts translates to the perfect tool / to do a perfect job / it is a perfect model / its the ducks guts mate

oh a shhhhhuuuuulllllrrrrrrrpppppp sounds like a precision bored and honed castiron housing when you slide a piece of ground and polished steel with a little bit of lite oil on it just beautiful (its the air being displaced)

Have a great day gents :big:

Bruce

aussie bruce said:
Aussie slang mate, takes some time to get used to

Have a great day gents :big:

Bruce you've missed your vocation feller ............ you should be writing an English / Aussie dictionary ;D ......... good work mate ......... it's the dog's boll*x 8)

CC

My DP is an older hand me down Harbor Freight special the cover rattle something like cklanckety cklankety
not sure what sound the spindle makes.
Tin

Latest posts

Back