hi from the netherlands

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcw

Reaction score
hi everyone. my name is Pascal 39 years old from the netherlands. i just got "back" into machining on lathe and mill. used to learn it at school and made a wobler there as project. worked as welder for 20 years but had accident and cant walk properly anymore. have a part time job as welding teacher now. while moving to othr house that suits my bad legs better i found the old wobler again and thatgot my inters back into that hobby. was lucky to get a mini lathe for free and made the " tiny" wobler.
at the mment i am lookjing or a mini mill so i can make more complex models. been looking at old plans and am in progress of designing a small compound steam engine. it will be a mix of different designs in one, so nothing realy new designed, just proven concepts combined. schould work in therory ;D

small question to finish. anyone can tell me how good the sherline lathe's/mills are? thinking of buying he cnc versions of them

Pascal

Hi Pascal,welcome to the forum.
Crab

Hi,pascal,welcome to the forum.I was born in Den haag.
The Sherline machines are good quality,but very small.If you ever want to go on to bigger models or engines,that might be a limiting factor.
Having said that,some amazing stuff has been built on Sherline machines.

Pascal,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Pascal. I too was born in Den Haag. Been in South Australia since 1953. Looking forward to viewing your projects wEc1

Hi Pascal
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your modelling.

Back