Hi from Belgium

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basement_guy

Reaction score
Hello,

last year I took an "introduciton to turning, milling" class. We learned the basics on the big industrial machines. I bought some secondhand small machines and made some chips in the basement. To get familiar with the small machines.

I found the ez engine plans on the internet and made the engine as a first real project at home.

So here is the result. It is not a price winner. I made mistakes, had to make some parts more than once. But it is a runner and I learned a lot.

ezengine.jpg

Welcome aboard! Looks and sounds like you're off to a great start. I think part of the pleasure of this hobby is the learning of new skills. And, also seeing your hard work actually do something. So good job! You're in the right place.

Todd

Welcome aboard! Don't feel bad about having to make a few of the parts a second time, that is part of the learning process. Good job on the EZ engine, as I can see that it runs, which is what you were after in the first place, right?

I did much the same thing after taking a basic machine shop class. After that I found that building small engines and all the helpful people on this forum helped me develop new skills. Pick engine projects that challenge you to learn something new with each build. Helps to keep things interesting and you keep improving.

Latest posts

Back