Hi from a new member

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmac

Reaction score
Hi All,

I found this web site a few months ago and have been sitting back and enjoying the wonder full posts.

I wanted to introduce myself as over the next year (or two) I would like to get a little more active in the home machinist side of things.

I have always been a keen metal worker but have been limited to welding and fabricating, largely due to budget restraints (self imposed) as I have a family and with two teenage boys in private schools bla bla, but thing are getting easier now days.

I did spoil myself in 2007 and bough a new MV Agusta Brutale as I love escaping on a Sunday morning for a couple of hours, just to escape and release a weeks worth of work tension. it's a hard thing to describe but there is no feeling like carving up some corners, it really cleans the sole. I've attached a picture.

This week I bought a new TIG HF Inverter welder and have been playing with that, which has been fun compared to stick or oxy welding.

My plan is to buy a lathe about this time next year, I'm thinking a Hafco AL-1000 at this stage.

I should mention, I'm in Canberra, Australia. I'm 46 and work for one of the bigger Telco's (no not Telstra).

Enough rambling for now from me, I look forward to contributing to this community.

Regards,

David.

P1000005.JPG

Welcome David, Enjoy the forum and your new 'toys'.

BillC

BTW : Keep the rubber side down.... ;D

Welcome to the forum David. As you know, when you get your machines and need any help, there are plenty good people here to help you. Enjoy.
ironman (Ray)

Welcome Always nice to have another David around

Dave

Dave,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

dreeves said:
Welcome Always nice to have another David around

Dave

I was thinking the same thing! ;D

Welcome!

Dave

Welcome Dave,

Thanks for the nice introduction and best wishes as you get more involved with this wonderful hobby. Nice looking ride by the way, I can imagine a couple of hours on that on a nice morning WOULD do wonders for feeling refreshed and renewed for facing the new week.

Regards,

Bill

Latest posts

Back