Help with information on far eastern lathes.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bogstandard

I am on a bit of a fact finding mission at the moment.

No matter how old the lathe or where you are located in the world, do you recognise these three items being fitted to your far eastern lathes.
It doesn't matter the size of the lathe, or vendor, just the combination of any two of the three, or better still all three.

If you can contact me by email, I will send you a few questions to answer, as long as you are willing to keep the information I send to you totally confidential to yourself for the moment.

Your answers will be kept in total confidence and secrecy.

This information might be used for the benefit of thousands of owners of these lathes.

This type of extending spring leadscrew guard.

leadscrewcover.jpg

A large faceplate such as this.

faceplate.jpg

An interlocked safety guard.

safetyguard.jpg

Please do not ask questions yet, as until I get the necessary information, I don't know if it will be taken any further up the supply chain.

I would be really grateful for your help with this, as it does mean in some cases, maybe a major safety issue.

John

Just to keep it to the fore for the next couple of days, I am answering my own post.

A few people have replied and given me information which suggests my findings are correct.

So just a few more and that will definitely confirm my findings.

Just to show it does pay to tell the higher ups, the Chinese supplier has already been informed of my inquiries by my supplier, and they are looking at my findings as serious issues.

So if you can help, please do.

Thanks

John

I have to do something with my time, I haven't got a full set of machines yet.

Many thanks to those who supplied me with the information I required.

A report has now been raised and sent to my supplier, I am now awaiting the outcome.

John

Latest posts

Back