Hello!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KelticConcepts

Reaction score
My name is Marshall. I live in Houston, Texas. I am studying performance automotive machining at The School of Automotive Machinist. Building a running scale model of an engine sounds like a lot of fun. I have never done anything like this so a nudge in the right direction would be helpful. I look forward to spending many hours learning with y'all.

Welcome too the forum! wEc1 I think you will find a lot of helpfull advice around here. :cool:

A good engine to start on is a simple steam engine or stirling engine, check out the downloads section.

Cheers,
John.

My name is Marshall. I live in Houston, Texas. I am studying performance automotive machining at The School of Automotive Machinist. Building a running scale model of an engine sounds like a lot of fun. I have never done anything like this so a nudge in the right direction would be helpful. I look forward to spending many hours learning with y'all.

Well that puts you in a good position as you are surrounded by full size parts to measure. Most of us just sort of "wing it", at least i do. I have engines here that I would like to model but there ain't no way i'm taking them apart.

What engine would you model? Do you have anything specific in mind?

Anyhow, welcome!

Steve

Hi KelticConcepts.
wEc1 to HMEM.

Enjoy the many hours you will spend browsing the forum. (That is a stealer of time).

:shrug:who knows Marshall, you may even find time to build some models as well.

Latest posts

Back