Hello from Yellowknife Canada

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chazz

Reaction score
Greetings, my name is Chazz and since my Marine Engineering days some 30 years ago, I've always wanted to get into Hobby\Model engineering. About 6 months ago I got my Craftex (by Busy Bee Tools) Lath and Mill. ;D

Anyway, since that day I have also been tooling up. I also just got a digital camera and I want to post to the 'shop' and mods section, but I can't quite figure it out yet.

This site has been extremely helpful in setting my machines up, especially the "Rebuilding the Asian Lathe" as will be seen in the mods section........ go figure, I can realign a Lathe Spindle Head but I can't figure this photo thing out. soon.

Well that is about it for now and thanks again the the folks who have been dispensing their advice.

Chazz

Chazz,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Chazz: You are a long way North, I'll bet you can get a lot done in the shop (i'm sure it must be heated) on those long dark winter nights.
I certified some pumps for the Diavik project up further North of you on Lac de Gras a few years back and got into watching some videos about the Ice Road and how you get around up there. Will you have much problem finding stock metals to build with?
Good Luck and hope you get the picture thing figured out so we can see some of your projects.
don

Welcome Chazz. Looking forward to pictures as well but would also enjoy hearing about the challenges of finding materials, tooling, etc....how long it takes to get them once ordered, and so on. I am guessing the "big brown truck" doesn't come around so often up your way ;)

Regards,
Bill

Welcome to the forum Chazz. I think many of of our neighbors to the South would be surprised at how self sufficient places in the North have become. I would bet that it is easier for you to pick up a piece of material than many of the members in larger cities in the US.

I did work in the oil industry from the Arctic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico and the stock answer in the US was 'we can have it for you tomorrow'.

wEc1 Chazz
Also looking foward to th_wwp

Regards
Gordy

Thanks for the welcome folks, to Don, I've worked for DeBeers, Diavik and BHP and to show you how small a world it is, the place where I live does pump repares for the diamond mine sites. As to the 'cold nights' here's a pic for ya! (Ken I hope this works! :))

careenicemin.jpg

And you thought you had some snow to shovel! After I left the Navy, I went to work for Dome Petroleum at McKinley Bay in the Beaufort Sea. I'm pretty sure this was taken in late May and I might have even been working on board at the time.

In my shop and mods posts I'll discuss tooling, suppliers etc.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Chazz

Latest posts

Back