hello from minnesota

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoprat

Reaction score
hi i have been a lurker for almost a year ::),and have been reading a lot.i found this site through the hsm site
right now i am an un employed welder(seems like i am not alone there!)got a bridgeport and an atlas 10" lathe
miller 252 mig welder and until a week ago i had a miller tig welder :( had to sell it .i did some manual machining at my last job and have been interested for a long time in building small engines for rc stuff but so far have'nt
done any. there is a lot of talent here so i think i'll be able to pick up some good tips and ideas

Hello Shoprat! And Welcome to HMEM. wEc1

Where in Minnesota? I grew up there myself, By Benson.

Matt

Welcome to the club or should I say clubs? Born and raised in Minnesota my self. I'm finding so many interesting things around here and other internet sites that I have to budget my time to make sure I save some for job hunting!

thanks for the welcome! i live in so.st paul. i put in my profile but i cant figure out how to get it to show
up when i post.i am not real good with computers!and i am still trying to figure out how to put pics in.

1hand were you a 49er by any chance?just curious cause of your avetar.

gearhead i know what you meen!i wish i could quit looking for a job and just goof-off the rest of my life.

on edit i saw you local# 1hand i was in the local 49 operating engineers

No Brother, I didn't get into the union til I moved to Wisconsin. My Dad has a small sand and gravel outfit in west central MN, growing up I worked for him and peanuts.......lol.

Matt

Welcome Shoprat,
If you need help with photos, any of us will be glad to help. We like photos.
I took liberty of putting your location in the Avatar section as you indicated you were trying to do so.
Gail in NM

Shoprat,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Shoprat,
Welcome from a former Minnesotan. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.
Dennis

Welcome to the forum Shoprat, good luck with the job hunting :)
Regards Peter.

Latest posts

Back