Hello From Las Vegas

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCE

Reaction score
I've been admiring the projects on this board for a long time, so I thought it was time to register and gush about the craftsmanship on some of these models.

I spend too much time at the airport, so what else is there to do on those nights and weekends in the hangar than press the milling machine and lathe into service building engines?

My screen name (BCE) stands for beer can engines. Engines, airplanes, and beer (after the flying day is over, of course) go so well together, there's always an abundance of raw materials lying around to smelt into ingots. It's not the strongest or most uniform grade of aluminum, but the price is right and it's easy to polish. It's also easy on the tools. ;-)

I hope to see many, many more of the beautiful projects members have completed and show off our crazy stuff at the same time!

Welcome Beer Can

I enjoyed your Tube Video.

Hope you'll be sharing a build log with us on your next project.
You know - th_wwp

Bez

Welcome BCE, those are some of the nicest videos I have seen. Will look forward to seeing much more of your work here!

Bill

Welcome BC from a fellow beer drinker down under

Welcome BCE. Would love to see some of your projects.

Vince

wEc1 from another Aussie.

Ian (seagar)

BCE: first of all welcome to the board. your engine looks great. no need for opapolgies. I am glad to see someone doing the things that some would say can not be done . like using beer cans to feed the furnace or I guess in your case an old kiln. something else some would say can not be used for casting.
Obviously not the best choises but hey it works . most guys would just sell the empty cans for scrap or turn in for deposits and simpply Rent more beer. thanks for the intro and thanks for sharing the good work.
Tin Falcon
Former Air Guard sheet metal and welder machinist.

Thank you all for the kind welcomes!

Tin Falcon said:
see someone doing the things that some would say can not be done

As I read this Jerry Reed was singing it in my head. ;D

BCE,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Yep, Welcome Beer Can - just as long as you ain't a Southwark beer can! ;)

i had friend that swore by Slitzh cans for small skin patches on aircraft. the beer was lousy but the can material was great.
Tin

Latest posts

Back