Hello from Grimsby England

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhiberOptix

Reaction score
Greetings one and all, just a quick introduction, I am Andy, I am 40 odd, and new to model making, tho not quite so new to metal working, I have a Clarke combi lathe and mill a clm500 i think, it is not CNC, it has no DRO, its as basic as it comes. I will post photos soon.

I have just moved houses, and the new house did not have a place to put a workshop, no garage, no spare room downstairs, (right now hold on to your sides) so i have had to resort to setting my 'workshop' up is an upstairs bedroom, that used to belong to a little girl, it has 'lovely' pink wall paper and curtains!! :(

well the majority of it is upstairs, the welding plant, furnace, and compressor are downstairs in the cupboard under the stairs as there is just no room as yet upstairs, shelving and cupboard space are desperately needed:
( needless to say its a little cramped, but its a means to an end, and is only temporary, as we are looking to move to the USA (the Mrs is American)

I joined this group just about a week ago, and have had a good look around and i have liked what i have seen and read, so much so it has given me the relevant kick that I needed to motivate me into making one of those little rocker engines, and almost finished with a flame eater, just got the base plate to do, i had started the flame eater a few years ago (i made the flywheel) and now its almost complete, will it run...... time will tell.

Well I think I have said enough
Andy

Welcome to the board Andy.
Awaiting Photos ;D
Tin

Whereabouts in the states?
Are you going to have time to build something before you make the move?
And, what's wrong with 'pink'? ;D
pics pics pics please.
Welcome Andy.

Andy,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to the board Andy.
wEc1
Best regards
Paolo

zeeprogrammer said:
Whereabouts in the states?
Are you going to have time to build something before you make the move?
And, what's wrong with 'pink'? ;D
pics pics pics please.
Welcome Andy.

She has relatives in PA so were looking to be in their vacinity,
Build before I move, oooh yes, try stopping me lol.
whats wrong with pink? well its not the usuall colour for a big boys toy room! ;)
pics have just been upped to :-
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=5715.0

Welcome to the group! We're all mad here... ;D

Well, mostly.

Welcome to HMEM Andy.

I think you would like PA.
Been here about 40 years myself.

Rick

rake60 said:
I think you would like PA.
Been here about 40 years myself.

Thank you, Yes I know we was in Pittsburg when they won the superbowl against the Seahawks, now that was some atmosphere absolutely amazing everywhere was in the steelers colours and we've been to Philadelphia and Harrisburg too, her relatives live in Carlisle PA and Mont Clair VA, and she is originally from Gettysburg PA, from what I saw over there was very close to the countryside here, but that move is prob a good two years away yet, so plenty of time for me to get more engines built ;)

Now I'm jealous.

Carlisle PA is the home of Carlisle Car Shows.
If you have never been to mechanical mans dream flea market.....
I suggest you let the wife hold your wallet if you go there.
:hDe:

Rick

Andy,

Welcome to HMEM. PA is a great state.

Bob

rake60 said:
Now I'm jealous.

Carlisle PA is the home of Carlisle Car Shows.
If you have never been to mechanical mans dream flea market.....
I suggest you let the wife hold your wallet if you go there.

Unfortunately she has a flight booked on the 25th of Aug,
but not me, :( she is going over for a month
so she will be there for it,
ill have to send her with a list.... erm second thoughts she wont know
what they are even if wrote down, i had better send her with pics of what I want :) :big:

Vernon said:
Welcome to the group! We're all mad here... ;D

Well, mostly.

Ooh well the forum has just gained another one I am one buckle away from one of those jackets that let you hug yourself all day :big:

And thank you to everyone else for such a warm welcome i look forward to chatting with you all in due course

Latest posts

Back