hello from a lurker in the uk

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mulac321

Reaction score
hi just thought id introduce myself, Ive been lurking on this site for about 6 months or so reading with awe the projects you guys complete. I'm 22 and i live in Essex in England (would be interested to hear from any members who live near by). i bought a mini lathe about 3 years ago and used it for a few projects including a wobbler steam engine and some flanges for a homemade motorbike. since the mini lathe i doubled the size of my workshop (shed) and now have a medium size mill and a gh1224 warco lathe among many other treasures. I'm still quite new to machinning going along at my own pace.

at the moment Ive been working on a Stuart 10v, Ive been taking lots of pictures along the way and I will upload them when i have finished. i really like some of the engines in the Stuart range i saw a beautifully Stuart beam engine at sandown park model engineering exhibition last year. id love to do one of them but I will practice with the smaller Stuart models for now.

Calum

Welcome Calum.

The 10V is a good choice for your first serious engine - many thousands of us did the same thing!

Welcome Calum. Will look forward to seeing your 10V.

Regards,
Bill

Welcome to the board
I have a 10 aging in my shop waiting for the right time to build.
Tin

Calum,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome! I hope to make it to an England steam show in the next 2 years.

Hi Calum

Welcome to the forum.

Brian

A warm welcome to you Calum, I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of your efforts! :)
Stew

Back