Hello Everyone-Newbie (old Type)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldte

Reaction score
Hello from the UK ,Liked the site when i found it seems very friendly and joined yesterday ,so thought I should introduce myself.
My name is Denis and my shop is 26ft by 12ftand very cold (old Outbuilding), in it i have a 9*30 lathe that started out as a combination machine from which i took the mill head , bought a x-y table and made a separate mill , also i have what in the uk is known as a Lux Mill weighing about 900 lbs(3mt) a 41/2 inch band saw and a large wood band saw along with the usual collection of thirty odd years of collecting gear and not throwing anything away.I have modified both the lathe and mill and i am just finishing a cutter grinder and rotary indexer mostly made from old m/c s and scrap,My attempts at machining are not as precise as most of you guys or as pretty mainly because i did not in the past have the knowledge to make them so , but since retirement and a very steep learning curve and lot(and i mean lots ) of mistakes i find i am now taking a bit more time and starting to achieve better results. most of the things i do are some form of modification or improvement to the myriad of gadgets i seem to have acquired over the years.
I am looking forward to being a member of your site .
Coldte

welcome sounds like you are off to a good start. What is that in your avatar almost looks like a canal boat.
Tin

coldte,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to the forum coldte.
Yeah I'm trying to figure out your avatar too. ;D

Hi Coldte
Welcome to the forum if you dont mind i will have a shot at what vessel is used as your avatar "Dutch Barge" have fun

Cheers Paul :) :) :) :)

Tin Falcon said:
welcome sounds like you are off to a good start. What is that in your avatar almost looks like a canal boat.
Tin
Hi Tin, no its a Broom 30 cruiser and my pride and joy still original although i have done lots of improvements including this year a homemade stern thruster( just like messing with gadgets )
coldte

Hey Denis,

Welcome aboard mate. A 9x30 is serious business. why don't you post a couple of pics of the shop? we'd love to get jealous...

Once again
wEc1

take care,

tom

Latest posts

Back