Hello all

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steamo

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just purchased my first engine kit. It's a predrilled stationary steam engine "Danni" kit. I thought it looked nice and want to expand my machine skills, and I work on a steamboat so there ya have it.

Hi Steamo.
Welcome to HMEM.
Enjoy your kit build and your expansion into machining, as with everything where skill is needed stick with it.
Ask questions.

Hi Steamo,
What steam boat do you work on? do you have a webpage?
I also volunteer on a 1935 steam boat, the William C Daldy, you can find us at www.daldy.com

Hi, sorry, I don't have a web page, kind of a Luddite in that respect. I work aboard the St Marys Challenger. She's pretty old, built in 1906, she still utilizes a Skinner uniflow steam engine, last of her kind.

ah no worries, Sorry I meant does the steam boat have a webpage :)

Hi, sorry, I don't have a web page, kind of a Luddite in that respect. I work aboard the St Marys Challenger. She's pretty old, built in 1906, she still utilizes a Skinner uniflow steam engine, last of her kind.

Any one else have to Google Luddite?

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have, so there ya have it!

Well, the ship might have a web page, not sure, it's got a very large fan following I know that. She's still running though, I am the conveyorman aboard her. We run about 8 months of the year hauling bulk cement from MI to various places around the Great Lakes. She was built in 1906 and is the oldest continuous operating merchant vessel in the US and I believe the world.

Latest posts

Back