Having a blast at Cabin fever 2012

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgbrv8

Reaction score
Been in York pa sense thursday I did really well at Friday and Saturdays auction. And have found and seen many different things. I have enjoyed this show for a good ten years now.

Dave

I went for the first time ever today and was BLOWN away at the amazing display of craftmanship!!

It was an aspirational visit for me as I am new at this and the bar is very high compared to what I saw today.

If you haven't been you owe it to yourself to go.

Wish I lived closer so could attend I'm jealous

Great time at the show. Got to meet some great people including "The Tin Falcon". Found me a piece of Al for $10 to use in building a Jerry Howell Farm Boy engine . Better than paying $50 on-line for it. Lots of used machinery for sale and lots of raw material. I can't wait until April of 2013 to see it again. That's the new date for the next show.
Boot

Hoping that there will be a link to some photo's from the show this week sometime!!

Some of us only get to live vicariously through others for the time being!!!

So far it sounds like everyone had an absolute blast!!

Andrew

Excellent set of pictures!

It looks like there was a great turn out with excellent, quality work on display!!!

I can just imagine the sound of all the hit and miss engines running!!!
Must have been awesome!!

Thanks for taking the time to post all the pictures!!!

Andrew

Wonderful set of pictures. It looks like it was even better than last year with many engines I have never seen before. Thanks for posting them.
gbritnell

Had A great time at Cabin Fever this year. This was my first time with a display. I had a few missing air tubing parts (thanks to tin for the use of his) but made it all run. Glad to share an area with Tin,Stan & Scott.

Dave

Another great show! I had a great time talking with everyone. The craftsmanship gets better and better every year. What a great bunch of people. Thanks to all involved. I better get to work in the shop....

Got home 2:30 am Sunday morning, good driving weather all the way
1600 Km round trip to York and back, definetly worth it
Always new displays and more this year than last
Got to meet the Tin Falcons again, they always find time to chat and say hi
The auction seem to be larger and longer every year
The rc construction equipment is fun to watch moving dirt, great idea

Peter

Thought I was going to get some bounty money on the wanted outlaw "George Britnell". I know that character and could have apprehended him on sight. Alas, He never showed his face. Must be back at the hideout waiting for things to calm down!

I've been going for ten years and this has definitely been the best show yet. I did really well at the auction and the consignment room. How about an optical comparator for $10?? This was the largest show yet with around 4000 people. It will be interesting to see how the change in date effects the turn out. I prefer Jan. but I understand the date change as one big snowstorm would hurt the show badly. One of our guys from the NEMES took lots of pictures and I will see if he will post them here. Not home until tomorrow as it's an twelve hour drive. Cheers, JL

Hi Guys,
Ron, I got your email with the wanted poster. Thanks for the offer Tin although I had to make a choice this year, Cabin Fever or NAMES. As I spent the entire weekend at Cabin Fever last year and only Saturday at NAMES I opted for the NAMES show this year. With the purchase of the new mill this year I had to cut some corners. Hope to see most of you fellows in April.
George

Sorry you could not make it George. I'll see to it the governor extends a pardon .
Had a great Time got to meet many of the folks from here. Also met many of the vendors. That support this hobby. Tin .

Latest posts

Back