• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Hall effect Tach

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vietti

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a small, Hall effect tach with an onboard power source. See some on Amazon but most require an external power source.

I cobbled one together with a 9 volt battery taped on the side and it worked ok. Today I fried it as it is now giving bogus high rpm readings. Apparently I got the sensor or something too close to the powerful magnets in my magneto. Don't know if I damaged the hall effect sensor or the module. May have to go to a photocell device.

TIA, John

Thanks Ray, Ive tried those and they work marginally well on a high tension mag but not at all on a low tension mag-my voltages are just too low.

I'm using the tach with a test stand to measure low tension mag outputs, we are talking a few volts.

Latest posts

Back