Farm Boy Build-Wont Run!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On another note, I've seen where alot of these engines just need the mixture screw barely opened. Mine seems to run best opened 5/8 of a turn. Here is a pic of the mixture needle.

20180329_194014.jpg

Send me a private message with your address and I'll send you some decals. they just won't have the sn# on them.

Last edited:
As they say "Copying is the highest form of flattery". Thanks for doing such a fine job. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Mine starts any where between 1/2 to 5/8 open and then after about 5 minutes I lean it out to about 1/4 to 3/8 open. When mine is on it's game, and if all the stars and moon align mine will run, believe it or not, about 13 hours on the 2 oz. fuel tank.

FYI, I have never put water in mine. The hottest I've ever measures it at the side of the hopper was 98 degrees, and that was because the outside air temperature was 98 degrees.

Jim G

As they say "Copying is the highest form of flattery". Thanks for doing such a fine job. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Mine starts any where between 1/2 to 5/8 open and then after about 5 minutes I lean it out to about 1/4 to 3/8 open. When mine is on it's game, and if all the stars and moon align mine will run, believe it or not, about 13 hours on the 2 oz. fuel tank.

FYI, I have never put water in mine. The hottest I've ever measures it at the side of the hopper was 98 degrees, and that was because the outside air temperature was 98 degrees.

Jim G
Ran it for about 45 minutes straight tonight and I had water in it, prolly burned an ounce or so of fuel. It was way hotter than 98 but not crazy hot. I definitely need to tune it a bit to reduce number of hits and increase the misses. It sure does cost awhile between hits now and I'm sure it'll get way better with some proper tuning.

Got it all tore down for paint and and polishing.
20181222_085730.jpg

I think it was running a bit rich. This is after running for about an hour! It wouldn't run any leaner. Maybe I still have a fuel suction problem??
20181222_163152.jpg

Latest posts

Back