Half - horse marine Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesfitton

Reaction score
I was hoping that a member on this forum might have a copy of this book. I have a copy of an article from a magazine with a few details, but would appreciate a bit more info.
If the book is fairly comprehensive - I'd like to buy a copy.

thanks

f

1st_build-a-half-horse-marine-e.jpg

I have a hard copy I got from miniature power products (MPP) here in Ontario, plus I have a pdf copy.

BTW I think that you can obtain castings from MPP.

Not sure if this forum allows private messages... if so send me your email address that way and I can send pdf. I know there are download places but I cannot recall the links.

Addendum, having checked my hard copy I see it is from Live steam magazine September 1978, is that the article that you have? If so the PDF I have which has the same pic you have posted, is from Steam and Stirling engines you can build... it is the same content in the article I mentioned.

I have a one page addendum from MPP of additional construction notes and design changes required. I would be happy to scan the addenda and post here later today.

This is not a book, it is a reprint of an article from Live Steam in the book Steam & Stirling Engines You Can Build Vol. 1. The only place that I knew of where you could get the castings was from Ted McJannett at Miniature Power Products in Canada, and he has retired and closed up shop.

Steve

The only place that I knew of where you could get the castings was from Ted McJannett at Miniature Power Products in Canada, and he has retired and closed up shop.

Steve

Yes, I was referring to MPP but I wasn't aware they have closed shop... it has been some time since I last dealt with them. I am sorry to hear this since Canada is woefully short of resources as it is.

I saw one in the MPP showroom....maybe that's where I fell in love with it.

I made some patterns (cyl and bases)and had a foundry in the local area cas up a few bits at their leisure (through a pattern maker buddy) ..

I received ( a while later) four cylinders and seven bases.... beggars can't be picky, I guess.

Time to start making a few sketches and measurements..

Thanks for your help guys, I have the '78 article. - but would like a pdf copy...

charlesfitton(at)yahoo.ca

Back