Gus's Rupnow Hit and Miss Engine.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Gus that the engine runs. I just make you friend on Facebook , but I don't see a video.
Too make you wife happy , build a PULSE-JET. I have build many of them. I you want a drawning , pm me you email adress & I mail you a very easy drawning for a valveless one.

Best regards & happy fishing

Barry

Hi Barry,

Must have messed up the previous video.Video reposted on FB.

Hip Hip Hurray for Gus--Its running!!--I seen the video this morning on Facebook. I've been looking every day since Gus first posted that he had it running. Gus--that's the third Rupnow engine in the world, to come to life.--Congratulations.---Brian

Reactions: gus
Still can't see the video Gus, maybe I need to be your friend. Request sent! (My profile pic is me on a green dirtbike)

Can't view your engine running on facebook (not a member).:(

Any chance that you can post it here?:)

Pat H

Last edited:
Still can't see the video Gus, maybe I need to be your friend. Request sent! (My profile pic is me on a green dirtbike)

Hi Cogsy,

Brian has made it (seen-able) on this thread. One more chore to learn and pickup.See Brain's reply and hit the FB link. Sorry for the wood chip mess.
The engine was walking all over the workbench. Had to nail it for good.:wall:

Heading to Yokohama. Made $$$ . "Have $$$,will travel".(Reference to an old black and white Cowboy TV serial-------Have Gun will Travel)

Gus is 70 and so while he can still walk,best to travel more now. Nellie has back pain and she is 67. But both very healthy.TokyuHands,Yokohama,here coms Gus.

Can't view your engine running on facebook (not a member).:(

Any chance that you can post it here?:)

Pat H

Hi Pat,

Please see Brian's reply and key in FB link. Sorry about the wood chip mess .Had tp drill and nail it down to prevent walking all over the work table.

Posting a movie on Photobucket
Go to www.photobucket.com and open a free account.
Make a movie with your video camera---it will save it as an mp4 file
Download the mp4 file to somewhere on your computer that you can find it. Name it if you want to.
Find it on your computer. Don’t open it. Right click on it and choose “copy”
Open “windows Live Movie Maker” and right click once in the rectangular black area, then right click on the clipboard at the top of the screen that says “paste”---Your movie will appear as a number of still shots, but not run.
In top left corner of Windows Live Movie Maker there is a white thing with writing on it that looks like a book with a white triangle beside it. Click on the white triangle, and a number of options will appear. As soon as you put your cursor over “save Movie” it will give a bunch of options.
Choose “Windows Phone Small”----This will open a new screen with an area coloured blue that says “My Movie.WMV”---Start typing in a new name for your movie while the blue is still hi-lighted and the text will change to whatever you want to call it. “My Sawmill” works.
Up at the top of the page select what directory you want the movie to appear in and it will save as a .wmv file, which Photobucket can upload.
When you go to close down “Windows Live Movie Maker” it will ask if you want to save your movie. Say No---You’ve already saved it. Open your Photobucket account, choose upload, and guide it to where your “My Sawmill .wmv” is filed.
When your movie is finished uploading (it takes a while). Click in the box that says “IMG code” the box should turn yellow and tell you it has been copied. Go to the forum, start a post, hold down Ctrl on the keyboard with your left hand and press the v on your keyboard one time. There---You have posted a link that others can click on to see your video.----Brian Rupnow

Last edited:
I can't see it, I don't do facebook.
I can normally see some peoples FB, I guess your account is set for friends only.

Hi Pat,

Please see Brian's reply and key in FB link. Sorry about the wood chip mess .Had tp drill and nail it down to prevent walking all over the work table.

Tried that I only get this ...

"The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Since I have tried several times, I think it's looking for permission.:(

Thanks for trying ... maybe later.

Pat H.

I can see it now Gus, must be because you accepted my friend request.

Nice job, it runs beautifully. Did you have much trouble getting it to run with the C.I. rings?

I can see it now Gus, must be because you accepted my friend request.

Nice job, it runs beautifully. Did you have much trouble getting it to run with the C.I. rings?

Hi Cogsy,

I have used CI Rings on the Webster and now on the H&M. With the cylinder to with 1" ID honing tool, the rings seated well after 5 min spin with 12v handheld starter. After starting and running for the while at low speed, the engine took off like a rocket .My Carb Jet Needle need rework as tuning range narrow. Both cam timings setting was easy.
No Worries .Mate.
Now in Yokohama.

Gus---See post #190---When are you coming to Toronto?---Brian

Hi Brian,
Will budget for next year 2014 mid summer.Most likely will head for Ingersoll-Rand Small Air Plant,Campbellsville,Kentucky and from there head for Toronto
to talk engines with Brian. Later to Tin Falcon. Both are my Senseis.

Gained very extensive experience building Webster IC Engine and now your H&M Engine. Will follow you into your next engine.

Now in Yokohama,Japan.

Hi Paul,

Sort of carbon copied your fuel tank. This time I did not messed up the silver brazing with
minimal solder spread which was kept within the permanent marker boundary. Will clean/polish when I get home.

IMG_2356.jpg

Looking good Gus, I ended up using lead solder on my tank after having trouble silver soldering the first attempt.

Paul.

Latest posts

Back