Grizzly G9742 bandsaw or Enco 505-6840

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.BRAXMAIER

Reaction score
You won't go wrong with either one. Do you need the large base on the Grizzly model?
I would be tripping over it in my tight shop. Without knowing how big your projects will be its hard to offer much of an opinion. Will you be cutting steel bars all day and need flood coolant. One or two drops of cutting oil per cut is all that I need with virtually no clean-up.

I have the standard 4x6 and just love it.

Sometimes simple- and- basic hits the spot.

A hack saw works well, but after a few builds it gets old.

But its your shop and your money.

-MB

If you are looking for one of those like the Enco..

Horrible Fright has their saw on sale. I think it's $179. There are also 20% off coupons floating around.

Having recently graduated from the Hacksaw school of muscle building, I have nothing but praise for my 4 x 6. It came with a little plate and support to convert it to a vertical saw but I don't use that feature. A piece of candle for applying wax to the blade and about a week getting to understand things like teeth per inch and how much tension the blade needs. That's all there is to it. In my opinion a few cheap blades are worth it, because you ARE going to break a few till you get used to the machine. Then spend on the good blades after you've abused the cheap ones.

:D

Kermit

Just a quick look the grizzly looks like a nice saw the miter feature would be handy for welding fabricating.A great feture if you will use it. on the other hand the enco is set up to use as a vertical and is half the money . I depends on your needs and what are you going to do with it.
Tin

Back