Greetings from Nova Scotia!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLeedham

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am a long time viewer but first time poster. I am a 23 year old from Halifax, Nova Scotia and am looking to start building model engines. My background is in aircraft maintenance but I have taken up machining as a hobby over the last few years. I have shop with a 10x18 lathe, drill press and other basic tools. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good first steam engine to take on that doesn't require the use of a milling machine. I am not opposed the building a fixture plate or milling adapter for my lathe but if that isn't required, even better.

The intellect, skill and craftsmanship that I see here never ceases to astound be. What a wealth of knowledge is available right at our fingertips. I'm very excited to start learning and making chips.

Welcome to the forum. Here's an easy engine designed by members of the forum LINK. Plans are in metric and imperial. I'm fairly certain you can build it without a mill.

Thanks for the warm welcome! And thank you Al for the link. That looks like a great little first engine.

Latest posts

Back