Greetings from North Dakota

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMS

Reaction score
Hi guys just figured I should say hello as I lurk here quite often just not much of a poster I guess. The amount of knowledge contained here is huge, and boy some of the engines are jaw dropping.

A little about me! My name is Andy, and I'm from North Dakota where it is still very much winter time outside (makes shop time just that much more enjoyable). I was trained as a toolmaker but work as a CNC machinist for an Aerospace company.

My shop consists of a 9x42 Bridgeport mill and a rather worn Leblond Regal 13x40 lathe and a work in progress Wellsaw 600 bandsaw. I don't seem to get much done in the way of model building seems like something else always seems to take its place, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming thought. In college we built 26 stirling engines based off of Jerry Howell's Beamer plans and they all turned out nicely. That's the only model I have built, well helped build anyway.

Currently I'm in the middle of a rebuild/restoration of a 1922 International Type M engine, and I don't want to start another major project until this one is complete. Cause I just have to many partial projects not finished. ;D

Anywho thanks again for the wealth of knowledge you all share. I am learning a great deal.

Andy

Greetings Andy!

Welcome and jump in the waters fine! ;D

Dave

Welcome to the forum Andy. Any photos of the restoration? We are big on pictures.

ironman(Ray)

Welcome, yup photos would be great to see.

Randel

Welcome Andy, my neighbor to the East!

Glad to see another North Dakotan on the forum, we do get plenty of shop time in the winter don't we.

Kel

I sure can post some pictures, will do tomorrow.

kcmillin said:
Welcome Andy, my neighbor to the East!

Glad to see another North Dakotan on the forum, we do get plenty of shop time in the winter don't we.

Kel

We sure do! (when we are not shoveling the white stuff) ;)

Andy,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Here is a couple pictures of the International engine I'm working on now. Pretty much finishing her up just rebuilding the magneto now.

tn_hmem1.jpg

tn_hmem2.jpg

tn_hmem3.jpg

Welcome Andy!
Nice looking engine! My father in law has 2 International engines. I ended up making the governor gear for one of them.
He worked in the International shop way back when Mellens was open if you need any help with your mag he has a lot of knowledge and the tools to work on them. We will have to get together some time when the weather gets nice.

Thanks doc, I will keep that in mind. This rebuild is nothing major just fixing some stripped threads in the housing and replacing the armature bearings. If you know anyone that has a magnet charger though I have another magneto that needs a buzz.

As I said he does have all the tools to work on mag I know he has a magnet charger also.

Latest posts

Back