Georgia Invasion

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedge

Reaction score
No.... not the one in the world news. South Carolina was invaded by Georgians today, but luckily no one was wounded, other than a few bruised ribs from all the fun being poked. Geroge Seal and Kvom dropped in this morning to spend the day and I don't know about them, but I had a great time.

I even managed to get George off his wallet and spending money on a new toy. Kirk was seen affectionately stroking a Monarch EE lathe for part of the day and I think it just might be love. We hit all the high spots like Metal express and Travers tools and then had a late lunch.

I hope they had enough fun to do it again, in the near future. I know I did. Maybe next time we can do it when Tim isn't working so he can join in as well.

Steve

George... if you can read this....

Cedge, I am not too far from I-85...Let me know when you are "hosting" another Georgia invasion 'cause I would like to join in.
Julian

Julian
I definitely suspect that can be arranged in the not too distant future. If all goes well, those two reprobates will be back in the area soon, to pick up machines. In the mean time, let me know if you manage to wander up this way. Greenville isn't hard to find...LOL

Steve

I had a great time visiting Steve with George along for moral support. I always get lots of ideas seeing other guys' shops, and this was no exception. Steve's living room is a bit of museum (lots of cool engines), and that makes the visit even better.

We stopped at Travers, and I was able to pick up a 3/16 square 5C collet, which I need for my TB3 part. The first one they brought in from the warehouse was marked as such on the box, but inside was a round collet. It would have been a PITA had I ordered it my mail and gotten the wrong tool.

The old Monarch lathe I was inspecting looks pretty good for its age (67 years). I'm leaning towards getting it when my shop build is ready to receive equipment. George was lusting after a manual Rockwell surface grinder at the same place.

My thanks to Steve for hosting.

Latest posts

Back