GEARS 2008

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfellows

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Anybody got any links to pictures and/or videos from GEARS 2008?

Chuck

Chuck: I talked to 3 people that went to GEARS this year. One said it was good but no vendors outside and the other two said there was only a couple of vendors and they thought there were fewer engines. The timing was probably the problem. There must have been some conflict with the later in September date and companies did not want to pay their employees for overtime holiday pay. (My opinions only)
I will see if I can get the fellows I talked to to post some pictures if they took any. I really wanted to go but family obligations-----
I hope somebody comes through with pictures!
don

There are some beautiful pieces of machinery in that lot ! Some real nice shiny ones too ;D

Going to a show next week, I'll see what there is there to photographise ;)

Thanks for the link Jason.

Ralph.

Jason: Thank you for showing the pictures. I recognize several of the models and some of the builders in the background from last year.
One improvement that I appreciated from shows in years past is that they are now cards explaining what the engine is. It is really nice to see the engines but even better to be able to see what it is a model of, or at least the name of the model.
Thank You--------don

Hello all.

I just joined this forum and am browsing thru the many posts and found this one which I definitely can address as I am the webmaster for the site. I just posted the Show Pictures for 2008 a couple of days ago. I am late but I only recently got the pictures. I still have not received the Exhibitor pictures but should soon. I will post them as soon as I can.

Karl Smith
Gears Webmaster

Firstly WOW!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

and thank you for the link and for the webmaster for posting all those

i've taken 3 hours just looking instead of doing what i'm supposed to be doing

but can anyone tell me what this engine is???

what.jpg

its a beutifully done critter is obviously done from castings but can they be bought ?? or is this a full scratch build??

questions questions questions

cheers

jack

that engine is an engine that was produced by paul berich, it is a loose copy of an associated chore boy engine.

it is a hit or miss governed engine, i don;t think any one is producing the kit any more. paul died about 10 years ago and the patterns were bought by a fellow by the name of jay peters and jay passed away a few years ago.

the kit came as air cooled or water cooled, i have the water cooled version and was called the lil brother.

chuck

Back