G'day!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groewrs

Reaction score
G'day All,

My name is Gordon, and I'm another Aussie (yes, ANOTHER one!) now living in Brisbane. I recently built a 6m x 6m "Garage" in the backyard, which I'm sure will give me some decent working space. I'm not sure the car will spend much time in there ;D

I've been modeling for about 13 years, on and off, having started off with a simple Single-Cylinder Oscillator and boiler kit. After toiling away for about four weeks after Christmas, it ran for the first time on the day that Queensland one the Sheffield Shield for the first time :) I hope to get stuck back into it shortly when the shed is wired and complete my third steam engine.

I've already (roughly) planned out my fourth engine, which is based on Bill's Beam engine. Standby for a plan order, Bill!

This website has been a great source of ideas and motivation for me. My ultimate goal is to build a 5" Gauge steam loco. I haven't decided just what yet...

Included below is a picture of my second engine, a Single Cylinder, Single acting Piston valve, based on a design in "Australian Model Engineering" magazine. I increased the bore to 12mm (Dad had a 12mm reamer ;D) but it is otherwise pretty true to the plans. I had a lot of trouble getting it to run, but it runs really well now down to about 10psi or less.

DSCF3228.jpg

I'll leave it at that for now. Have a great day, everyone!

Gordon

Welcome to HMEM Gordon

Rick

G'day Gordon

Welcome mate!

i'm Sydney based for now just getting into the modeling side of things

have you any more pics of the boiler ?

cheers

jack

Hey Gordon,

Welcome to the club. Cool engine you got.

Eric

Welcome to the forum,Gordon.I have a 6x9 garage,only 1 car,and I'm still short of space :big:
I'm in the process of building a 5' gauge Meter Maid,which is basically an 0-6-0 Sweet Pea.The sweet Pea 0-4-0 is supposed to be most suitable for a "learner",but I've found it tough going at times.
Being across the ditch,you might want to look at "Blowfly",which is also reputed to be a beginners loco.
Engines aplenty here,fill yer boots ;D
Hans.

Ah Qld,

Beautiful one day
shine.gif
, Perfect the next
grinser039.gif
, (apart from the cane toads
frog.gif
, cyclones
stormy.gif
and stingers
smiley_diver.gif
).

Gordon,
Welcome to our forum from an ex banana bender now a devout crow eater.

Best Regards
Bob

Gordon, welcome to HMEM! Glad to have you on board! Nice looking little single you have there!

Hey Gordon... is that a boiler behind the engine in the picture?

Eric

Looks like a stuart boiler same as the i have,nice engine though, and Gordan wellcome to this great site you've definately done the right thing when you signed up
Regards Max.............

Welcome Gordon...I know you will enjoy the forum.

Bill

And G'day from me too Gordon, welcome. Just don't let no taipans loose while you are in 'ere eh? ;)

Latest posts

Back