future plans and projects

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

artrans

I was just thinking like I do so very often and was wondering what are some of the plans or projects that are being worked on or would like to be worked on in an ideal world. I for one am trying very hard to get a cnc machine of some sort up and running and I would like to built one also bob warfield sparked a big interest there and if anyone has never checked out his site its a .must see www.cnccookbook.com I wish I can capture some of his abilty.Organizing the shop is also on the list. so heres my list.
1 cnc get it to work and or build one
2 cad/cam software figure out that nightmare
3 build a hit and miss with a ball govenor
4 build some type of ball turner dare I say it.
5 clean the shop so I can find stuff
6 finish what I start Thats a big on easy to start hard to finish
7 make a one piece crank
8 build a bigger foundry burner for cast iron
You see thats a all order

I will eventually have my entire shop powered by wind, solar, AND NOW Steam.
I'm hoping to have an ability to run a generator on it as well as propane or hydrogen.

I have 1.44 Kw of solar panels. A 1500 Watt True Sinewave power inverter. (I'm gonna need a few more of those). Eight Group 8D 12 volt deep cycle batteries hooked up in 48 volt banks. One 1000 watt wind turbine generator(can't put that up in my residental neighborhood :mad: ) All this served my needs for many days after hurricane Ike, but sits Idle the rest of the time.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is not as young as it used to be. Or something similar to that effect.

Kermit

wow kermit thats really cool i want to do wind. solar i would love to do but my house is to big and need to much power but that's great good luck with that and hats off to you. :bow:

One word of advice: Step 5 in your list should be #1. Clean up/organize and it will make the following steps easier. Plus, you will feel better walking into a neat shop, ready to work instead of hunting for tools.

Latest posts

Back