fuel hose

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cl350rr

Reaction score
I have searched and cannot find anything, what do you IC builders use for fuel line from the tank to the carb. I have seen some use copper tube but I would like to run hose.

will the silicone tubing sold for model airplane engines hold up to coleman fuel?
thanks

Randel

Hi, What a coincidence, I was just about ready to order some myself. I plan on using a standard 1/8" I.D. line that will fit the 1/8" O.D. brass inlet tube on my current project.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TYGON-FUEL-LINE...514?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ead2fc0ba

EDIT: This size will be loose and may leak fuel.

With gas at $3.00+ per gal. I'm not going to drive around in circles looking for a silly fuel line. :big:

-MB

MB is ordering the right stuff.
The silicon line is not suitable. It will swell up after only a short exposure to either gasoline or naphtha (Coleman).
Small engine repair places have it as well as many hobby shops have it for the larger size engines that use gasoline.
Gail in NM

Silcone will be incompatible with gas. It will sell up and get nasty. Small engine place should have some choices.

Thanks Guys, a big DUH moment here, I just replaced all of the fuel lines on both of my weed trimmers a month or so ago and still have a bunch of the hose somewhere... now, where? ::)

Randel

I just buy the cheap clear plastic? flexible line that they sell at my local hardware store. Its not silicone, I think its just some kind of vinyl plastic. I know that I try to make all my fuel inlets and outlets to 0.170" diameter because that makes a good tight "push fit". It stays flexible and stands up well to naptha.

Latest posts

Back